[RC] [RC] Cruppers... help :) - Queenofdimonds10 - DRG1

Hi,

Search on eBay for Amish made harness leather cruppers. Theres a lady there who sells them.

Just make sure you send a “Ask Seller a Question” about that’s its really Amish & really Harness leather.

Also ask them, since they are selling it – how do you measure the right size – they ought to know…

I think the problem you are having is due to the material. I have had a lot of luck with harness leather (already soft & broken in).

Another type of great leather is Hermann Oak, but there are different grades of this (for example, I have a Crates saddle made of Hermann Oak, & a “Sawtooth Saddle Company” http://www.sawtoothsaddle.com/index.htm saddle made of Hermann Oak, but the Sawtooth is so very much softer & better, & conforms to me & the horse like a glove. So you have to ask for the highest grade of Hermann Oak (it has to do with the tanning process). The Crates saddle feels like a piece of junk, by comparison, but one gets what they pay for, & Crates is not a “cheap” saddle really - $1600.

Another option besides eBay, is to call a place like Sawtooth, ask them how to measure for a fit, then get one made by them in that wonderful Hermann Oak leather (the softest grade, I would think).

Hope this helped…