Re: [RC] [RC] Gorgeous George - Cowgirgoof

In a message dated 8/5/2004 12:45:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, howard9732@xxxxxxx writes:

Becky was the first Florida rider, and, the first Florida female
rider to get that buckle.  Ed, next year, can be the first Florida fella.
Hey Howard, must clarify here...I am not the first Fla rider to get a buckle. Ira Gordon from Altoona did it in 1976. And also a lady named Margo Atwood, but I'm not sure she was a Fla resident at the time. But those riders did it on California lease horses, and we do believe George was the first horse shipped from Fla to complete.
I bet she's made him some really cool offers on his magical mustang (and,
let's not ever forget who trained this mustang).
Actually, I'd love to own George, but I have two nice Moyle horses that are very similar to him already. Slow and steady, but they'll usually get you there. Miles just isn't cut out to be a one-day 100 mile horse, and Moyle Eli is too young. So give me three years...
And yes, Ed has done a wonderful job of training and de-spooking George, and both he and Kathi did a remarkable job conditioning him. But don't forget I did ride him on the 55 at Liberty Run, and I had him for two months prior to Tevis which gave me time to get him on a balanced high-fat diet, and finish his conditioning in the sand hills of Clermont and in the mountains of Blue Ridge, GA. So hardly a better team effort has ever existed with getting a horse through Tevis! What a great crew Ed, Kathi and my friend Rachel from San Francisco made for us. Together, from two months prior to Tevis we have been a well-oiled machine preparing for and getting George and I to and through Tevis.

So for all those out there who wonder: "If you can dream it, you can do it" !
(Walt Disney)

Becky, Gorgeous George, and Ed, Kathi, Rachel and Jackie (the Tevis TEAM!)