[RC] abetta vs. bighorn - Ed Kilpatrick

hi lani,   i use the bighorn model 119 and now the 117.  both are endurance models in black leather and cordura.  the 119 is a  15" seat and the 117 is a 16" seat.   i have tried the abetta endurance model and one of the fabtron endurance models as well.   i like the seat on the bighorn best.  it just fits me better.  i am 5' 9" and 160 lbs.  the bighorn endurance saddle has the semi quarter horse bars, so it is not as wide.  i let a friend of mine, margie, try my saddle on her arabian in november.  the horse was having some back pain and could not start a ride because of it.  margie and her horse liked the saddle so well, when i saw her in june, she was sporting a new bighorn endurance saddle, just like mine! i just got finished riding a 15 hand paso fino gelding with my bighorn endurance saddle and it fits him very well.  my niece has the fabtron endurance saddle and the bighorn.  the bighorn is too small for her 15.2 hand quarterhorse/arab cross, but the fabtron fits him.  it has full qh bars.  she uses the bighorn on her slender built mustang cross. she had an abetta endurance model but got rid of it because she didnt like the seat or the way it fit either of her horses.
     john dipietra of synergist saddles told me that the tree for his synergist saddles is the same tree used for the bighorn endurance saddle.  he said it is modified by synergist to place the stirrups back just slightly, (showed me how to do it too, but i left mine where they were) and then the seat is contoured to fit the rider.    hope this helps.  email me privately, whytrotfarmsatyahoodotcom if you need more info.        ed