[RC] [Endurance Riding: News] Western Australia: Child Rider Shines - steph teeter

Title: Message
http://merredin.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&category=general%20news&story_id=325627&y=2004&m=8

Child rider shines
Tuesday, 3 August 2004

RIDING 80 kilometres in an endurance ride on a horse doesn't bother Jessica McKeown ? it's carrying her saddle after the ride that is the hard part.

"Sometimes, people offer to carry it for me, and I always let them," said Jessica.

At 10 years old, Jessica is the youngest qualified endurance rider in Western Australia, and is in the top 10 in National points scores in Australia.

"Jess can ride as well as any adult, and she understands her horse," said her trainer and father, Alistair.

[More ...]  - http://merredin.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=news&subclass=local&category=general%20news&story_id=325627&y=2004&m=8

--
Posted to Endurance Riding: News at 8/2/2004 08:54:41 PM