[RC] Julie Suhr's pre-ride quote to Karen. . . - sandy . l . holder

I think this pretty well explains it. . . by the way, Julie looked radiant on Sunday morning (after I'd had about a hour of sleep and probably looked it).
Julie's comments about why she is riding this year:  Karen, I can really not tell you why I want to do it, because at this very
moment I have grave doubts.  I seem to look for an excuse to ride it--for
instance I did not plan to ride in 2000 and then my daughter said "just think, Mom,
if you ride this year you will have ridden it in 5 decades."  So naturally I
had to go do it.  And then this year is the 50th,  so naturally I have to go do
it.  I think you will feel pangs on Saturday when you see them all head out
and maybe wish you and Chief were out there too.  It just grabs you. I just
don't want to wake up Monday morning and think I didn't try.  I think I would
rather wake up and know I tried and failed than that I did not try.

Sandy
p.s. I asked Julie if I could be her excuse to ride next year. . . it will be my first attempt!