[RC] More photos, etc. from Tevis - DreamWeaver

I just sent John another large album of photos from Foresthill yesterday. The link can be found here, so check back later: http://www.endurance.net/tevis/kchaton/ I need to go back and add the names and captions to all of the photos from Robinson's Flat and probably Michigan Bluff yesterday as well. If anybody wants the full size version of the photos (these have been reduced and compressed) email me with the name of the photos and where it was taken at (Robie, Robinson's, Michigan Bluff or Foresthill) and I'll be happy to send it. (I'll need to burn a CD of photos for Becky and Ed, got lots of them!) There are photos of quite a few people in the albums that are already up, if you want to see the captions you have to click on each photo rather than view it in the slideshow. Before the ride we asked all of the riders why they wanted to do the ride this year. We got a lot of good answers, everything from "because I'm crazy" (or some variation), to "it's been a dream of mine for a long time", to "well I turned 50 this year and this is the 50th year for the ride".

There are other volunteers there today who are taking photos of the Haggin Judging and the awards. Within a couple of minutes of the first place tie Steve Hallmark had photos up here: http://photo.natbarn.com/gallery/shallmark album: http://photo.natbarn.com/gallery/album06

The ride this year was enormous in size, not just by # of riders but there seemed to be more people everywhere. The crowds at all of the vetchecks are unbelievable. People lined the streets where the horses came into the checks, and there was even an audience section at Foresthill to watch the vetting. The finish line was also cram packed with people. At least everybody on the waiting list got in, or if they came to the ride they got in.

It was interesting to note how well our cell phones worked while inside Robie Park, at Robinson's Flat and in Auburn but not at Foresthill. Jackie and I were working with laptops that can be temperamental at times. We quickly realized that we were both getting too many photos to do anything with. Not only that, but even tho we were trying to look for certain people it was like finding a needle in a haystack to find certain people--even at Robie Park it was not as easy. We could walk past somebody's camp spot, and they might be there, or they might not be there. The area is so huge that with even two of us we couldn't possibly get photos and talk to all of the riders who were entered. We did try to not duplicate photos of the same people.

Karen
in NV