[RC] Broken tree? - Belinda Romanuski

Hi.  All ridecampers.  I need some of your expertise.  I just purchased a Circly Y trail saddle with a Flex-Lite tree.  This saddle was on consignment at the local feed store.  I set it on my round backed Standardbred, and it looked fine.  I also cinched it up on a 3 yr old small draft filly, and it looked like it fit.
I like this saddle, but a friend who reconditions saddles, thinks it has a broken tree.  Is there anyone who could tell me if the Flex tree only flexes sideways, or does it also flex front to back.
There is give to the saddle when pressure is applied to both the front and back of the tree.

I need to take it back in 5 days if I am not keeping it.

Thank-you
Belinda Romanuski