Re: [RC] [RC]Horse Buying/Selling - Truman Prevatt

There a lot a factors that play in. For example I suspect a horse that does well in the arid and semi-arid climate zones may be a poor horse in the more humid climate zones. A horse that may kick butt in the humid climate zones may not kick butt in the other climate zones. A horse that kicks butt in the mountains may not be able to safely sustain the speeds to win (or even keep from crashing ) on the flat. A horse that can run well in deep sand may not be the same horse that can run well in deep mud.

The number of variables in this sport are large and I suspect at the end of the day there is not one best type of endurance horse. In truth endurance is not one sport that requires one type of horse. It is a multitude of sports - depending on the climate and terrain that requires a multitude of different talents in a horse.

Truman

bobmorris@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Lif:

You state <<< If people were
able to choose from a large group of horses well suited for
the sport
wouldn't we be seeing fewer veterinary problems?>>>

This might prove to be true if we really knew what the
veterinary problems were. We are doing some preliminary
studies to try to find out exactly how to categories the
problems that do manifest. We are trying to garner data from
endurance rides through out the USA but it is not a simple
black and white answer. Each horse often appears to have its
own individual problem. In fact at a ride where you have a
number of horses pulled, it is often a unique situation for
each individual.

So, I do not know that your statement will prove out or not.
It will be interesting to find out but the answer is years
away.

Bob

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID

--
"It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."