Re: [RC] The real "poop" on porta potties for a trailer - Lif Strand

At 05:34 PM 7/19/2004, DarkHorseGoddess@xxxxxxx wrote:
Now.....correct me if I am wrong, but I wouldn't use human waste in a compost pile.

Once composted, you don't have to use it as topping for food crops. It can be used for fertilizing ornamentals, or, as in my case, it is just left there to sit and do nothing. After a few years, I can tell you that what has been sitting there just looks (and smells) like beautiful soil - but what comes out of a septic tank after a few years is most disgusting.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA