Re: [RC] The real "poop" on porta potties for a trailer - Chris Paus

Thanks for the tip, Linda! I'm back to   roughing it
after my RV burned this spring.  I sure miss that
vehicle!

Did my first tent camping CTr this weekend with my new
truck tent.. .and used a bucket and bags  for my
make-do potty. The cat litter idea is great.

chris

--- Linda Hedgpeth <lindafh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here is something that I do......

I bought a portable potty from Wally World or some
place like it.   It
is one of the cheapo kind that looks like a plastic
drum on the
outside with a lid.   Inside it, is a bucket and it
has a seat.   I
line the bucket with a couple of medium plastic
garbage can liners and
then I pour some cat litter in the bottom.  After
each usage, I pour
in a little more cat litter.   You can use it
several times this way,
each time pouring cat litter over the top.   Then,
just take out both
bags together, tie them off and throw them away.
It doesn't smell
and even if there is a little odor when open, the
lid takes care of it
the rest of the time.

This has worked really well for me and it's not
gross at all.   I camp
in the dressing room section of my 3 horse slant
load gooseneck.   The
potty is in there with me.   I am the only one who
uses it and I
change it out once a day.   As long as you use
enough cat litter to
cover everything, it does not smell bad.   I hate
using the
port-a-pottys and they can get really nasty and
gross after a few
people manage to pee all over the seats, floor,
etc....

Good Luck  ;-)

Linda