Re: [RC] Buying/Seling - Vallonelee

In a message dated 7/19/04 9:03:30 AM US Mountain Standard Time, lif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I guess what's being said here on RideCamp is that the sport of endurance
(and competitive riding too) just can't support those who would breed just
for those uses.  I know it's not that simple - buyers alone don't control
prices.  The whole banana includes that there's not enough financial reward
available to justify large expenditures on horses, there's not enough
people involved to generate revenues, etc. etc.
Interesting thread and a subject I was just discussing with some friends, who believed that the downturn in horse sales is due to the fact that more people are being "city raised", living in condos/subdivisions, without the desire or ability to own horses, coupled with the price of land to have horses "in the back yard".  Any thoughts?

Lee
".......and God sought to bestow upon man a supreme mark of his blessing. God created the horse. The horse could run faster than the deer, jump higher than the goat, and endure longer than the wolf. Man, being encompassed by elements that sought to destroy him, would have been a slave, had the horse not made him king."