Re: [RC] Sight Unseen - rides2far

They want to see the horse in the stall, in the
pasture,in the trailer, free-lounged, tacked up, ridden in the corral,
ridden down the street, ridden thru water, over a plastic tarp, in a
parade.

I just sold a Welsh/TB cross that we had owned for 11 years (since a
foal) and I was pretty particular about where I wanted him to go. For the
above stuff I made a video from all our old home videos of him being
caught, groomed, loaded in a trailer, taking a dressage lesson, and
playing around the yard bareback. When the people came we went in the
living room and sat down, had a drink and watched the video. *Then* we
got the pony out. It gave them a chance to see all that without us having
to go through the whole routine every time. When I've sent out a video on
a  horse I've put all that *and* flex tests performed at home on there.
I was *extremely* happy with who I sold him to...sold off an ad on
Equine.com. Everything worked out for us great and from their e-mails
looks like they're happy too.

I did have one "trainer" come with a kid and when she got on my pony she
immediately upset him...tightened up on his mouth, and gripped with legs,
*not* a good rider. The kid was OK, but the "trainer" was pathetic. It
was embarassing but I had to yank the trainer pretty quick. We decided to
not sell to that family because we knew the trainer would ruin him.
*Very* tempting to take the clueless parents aside and have a talk but
didn't.

I'm having a heck of a time picking a new horse. So many horses....so
little time. I like a lot of them and they're all so different from each
other.

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!