Re: [RC] bitless bridle - heidi sowards

hmmmm....I have one, used it in our last half of an LD ride
this summer and my boy hated it. Shook his head like a dog.
Goes fine in a snaffle though!! Aren't they finicky
sometimes? I can however, (later in a ride) detach the bit
and use as a sidepull and he's fine with that.

heidi

--- Tracy Cann <EBBYPONY@xxxxxxx> wrote:
If you want to read up on it go to www.bitlessbridle.com
.  Running Bear sells their version much cheaper and you
can get it in more colors.  I love mine and I have a real
"wild child project horse".  I was at a ride and rode my
horse in his regular snaffle and he ran away with me
(real scary).  I had forgotten my martingale, (yes, I'm a
dork) but thought I'd be okay because I hadn't had to use
the martingale in training for a long time.  WRONG!!
Anyway, I had used the bitless bridle a couple of times
on him at home and I found out I could turn him allot
easier even when he was being nuts.  I rode him the rest
of the 50 that day in the bitless bridle and even though
I still didn't have allot of "whoa" it was much better
(I didn't have "any" whoa with the snaffle cause he was
so freaked out)  He calmed down, was easy to turn, and I
had allot more control.  After awhile he figured out how
to stop when I asked him and we got along allot much
better.  The 2nd day we started out in it and he did
great.  Still pulled on me some but less than he ever did
with a bit.  I would read up on it and ride in it at home
at first ,cause it IS different, but I only have good
things to say about the "bitless bridle".  The adjustment
on the horse is very important so be sure to follow the
instructions.  The picture in Running Bear has the
noseband too high.  Once the horse gets used to it you
can loosen the noseband so he can eat easier.  Good luck.

~Tracy~

=====
Heidi-aerc#M20935  /\_/\~    http://www.synjinarts.com
                ~~/~~  \\~~~~   (Wildlife/Western & Equine