Re: [RC] horse behavior at 1st 50 - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 1/15/2004 11:25:50 AM Central Standard Time, rides2far@xxxxxxxx writes:

>>>This ride had lots of open fields so she would see a horse way off and want to catch it.

That's called having "Radar Lock". If we see it, we *will* catch it. You can almost hear the "beep beep beep".

ROFL!  Sounds like my gelding!  I call it being in full "search and destroy mode," when his little ears are in the "full upright and locked position" and he is locked onto the horse butt ahead of us...his sole thought is to pass that one, and then lock onto the next one.  I swear this horse lives for chasing and passing horse butts.  Unfortunately, I severely cramp his style with my conservativeness, but he can dream...

Dawn in East Texas