RE: [RC] [RC] Checking saddle fit - Laurie Durgin

I Still think it looks like pink Playdough in a funny shaped ziplock.

Has me thinking. If I got some vynal and sewed some playdough in it, think it would come close? Course for Rascal it will have to be purple playdough.(he thinks he is royalty around here :0) laurie

From: "Marlene Moss" <marlene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: "Lisa Douglass" <lisa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Checking saddle fit
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:22:03 -0700

Just to chime in here on the wonders of the Port Lewis Impression Pad.
I really think these would be a wise investment for every horse group
out there.  They are cheaper than having an expert come test a couple
saddles with high tech equipment.  And honestly, I think they are
defnitely the biggest bang for the buck to help determine if your saddle
fits the moving horse.  This is something that almost has to be ignored
until you have the saddle in-hand.

But the EquiMeasure is a great tool, as someone else mentioned, to help
rule out a saddle that cannot fit.  And in the case of Reactor Panel and
Free'n'Easy and some other adjustable saddles, the EquiMeasure can help
you get the right starting point - from there the wonders of an
adjustable saddle help you fine tune.  And an adjustable saddle can take
your horse comfortable through the year, and the years or through
multiple horses in many cases.

But in the long run, the touchy-feely method will always rule, horses
and people have opinions!  It's just really nice when we have tools to
help eliminate the obvious or the not-so-obvious without soring the
horse or creating white spots!
Marlene

Marlene Moss
Moss Rock Endurance Adventures