[RC] Checking saddle fit - Marlene Moss

Title: Message
Just to chime in here on the wonders of the Port Lewis Impression Pad.  I really think these would be a wise investment for every horse group out there.  They are cheaper than having an expert come test a couple saddles with high tech equipment.  And honestly, I think they are defnitely the biggest bang for the buck to help determine if your saddle fits the moving horse.  This is something that almost has to be ignored until you have the saddle in-hand.

But the EquiMeasure is a great tool, as someone else mentioned, to help rule out a saddle that cannot fit.  And in the case of Reactor Panel and Free'n'Easy and some other adjustable saddles, the EquiMeasure can help you get the right starting point - from there the wonders of an adjustable saddle help you fine tune.  And an adjustable saddle can take your horse comfortable through the year, and the years or through multiple horses in many cases.

But in the long run, the touchy-feely method will always rule, horses and people have opinions!  It's just really nice when we have tools to help eliminate the obvious or the not-so-obvious without soring the horse or creating white spots!
Marlene

Marlene Moss
Moss Rock Endurance Adventures
719-351-5037