[RC] Death Valley Encounter 2003 Pictures - Typef

I decided not to write a story about this ride since Nick and Becky wrote such nice ones. I will say that it was my first 50 after 30 years and not as hard as I anticipated it to be. I rode Days 1 and 4. After finally being brave enough to try a 50 after a year and a half of LD's, I'm already looking forward to the 50 at Fire Mountain this weekend. YIPPEE!!!

Here are the pictures I took:

My husband Jim and ever-ready crew took some pictures with my other digital camera. I think Liz took a few of these also:

We were on our way home and talked to my daughter in Lodi who said the weather was still horrible and windy and rainy so we said "Why go home?" and stopped at Red Rock Canyon for another night. I was able to make good on my promise and take husband Jim on a five-mile walk through the desert by borrowing Liz's horse Basia. I had intended to take him riding on Day 3 since we were just moving the rig that day, but it never happened.

:) Jackie and Tank