[RC] washooooo ride and the fire - Ericka Nelson

Hi All,
Please some quick advice!  We are having a major forest fire here in the Sierra Nevada in Carson City.  I live in Washoe Valley  and can see the flames and smoke up on the mountain, but really there is no smoke laying on the ground here, altho my eyes are burning.
The  Tour de Washoooooooooo ride is on Saturday. Would you ride your horse in smoke?  Is this a no brainer?
I sure hope they reschedule for next week after, hopefully, the fires are out.
Ericka