Re: [RC] Horse Trailer ENDORSEMENT - Jennifer Layman

Paddi,

I just received my brand new Trailswest LQ trailer and I could not be more thrilled.  I am still pinching myself.  The attention to detail this company puts in is awesome.  All edges are finished and smooth.  Most additions I added were to the horse compartment area (extra windows, jail bars in the divider, etc).  However, these additions still kept this company Trailswest under their main competitors price.

Trailswest are steel trailers so that may be the biggest deterant for most folks.  However, I saved  8k-10k from an equivelant aluminum trailer.  This is no heavier to haul then my old camper and steel stock trailer were, and it does have an aluminum roof.  One of the reasons I started looking at steel is that midtacks were standard.  I was set on a mid tack.  I have more storage then I ever dreamed, the horses have tons of space, and the LQ is a dream come true.

I can not say enough about the service from the dealer I bought from and the trailer is perfect.  I did wait nearly 11 weeks, but they told me that upfront and it arrived a few days early.

Worth a look into.

Jennifer

Paddi <seamstob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My new Kiefer built horse trailer was finally delivered today. It has been months since I ordered it.
Well I must say I am disappointed.
The inside has many sharp edges , the windows are crooked and the wiring is exposed to mention a few of the problems.
I splurged and ordered a hay rack. The ladder is really mickey mouse. Not shaped , cut and bolted, the hay rack is solid and will cause drag. It also looks cheap.
The outside running lights will last about 5 minutes with my horse playing with them. The list goes on and on.
This is not a cheap trailer . It costs  over $18000 Canadian dollars.
Sooooooooooooooo I am back in the trailer hunt.
This one can stay at the dealers.
Brand suggestions??????
Does anyone make quality any more???
Paddi