[RC] Completion Awards - Revisited - Beth Bennett

Okay. . . I can't believe that something as innocent as this topic can get blown so far out of proportion. Let me back up and restate what I hoped would have been the correct interpretation of what I typed previously.

I have no problem with any RM choosing to give out t-shirts, etc. to everyone who comes to a ride, volunteers, donates, etc. . . I am MERELY saying that TO ME these "completion awards" mean more TO ME once I have completed the ride than the ones I am just arbitrarily given.

I am not "bitching" at all. Just giving my perspective on what I prefer. I am not "offended" if non-completers are given an award. I AM offended if someone who did absolutely NOTHING in the way of participating in or putting on the ride (be it volunteering, crewing, cooking meals, donating supplies, marking trail, etc., etc.,) is able to wear the same "Red Badge of Courage" that I am.

Whew! You guys really are passionate aren't you?? I guess Ridecamp is the shining example of old Abe Lincoln's quote about pleasing all of the people all of the time. (I sure do hope that was old Abe and I am not making yet another ass of myself.)

Sorry to anyone I offended. . . sort of. No offense meant, that's for sure. I just love this forum (No, this is not sarcasm but serious). The crucible of emotions and opinions all melding together to form the festering sesspool only Ridecamp can be - better than any soap opera I've ever seen. I do enjoy hearing the tangents.

Good evening everyone, and indeed. . . GOD BLESS THE RIDE MANAGERS regardless of their theory on awards.

Good night.

Beth Bennett
Chickamauga, GA

Get tips for maintaining your PC, notebook accessories and reviews in Technology 101. http://special.msn.com/tech/technology101.armx