[RC] t-shirts - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is an interesting thread.  I never would have even given it
much thought.  I don't care what the award is.  My award
is the ride!  Knowing my horse and I completed the course is all
I need, that and seeing the miles added to my record to show what
my horse & I have done (not much at this point).  I am, however,
new enough at this that I treasure each and every shirt.  I like
them so much that I requested one as my turtle award at a ride
where the completion award was a great belt buckle -- something I
have absolutely no practical use for, but am working on getting
a display set up for my non-wearable completion awards. :)

All that said, I'm not remotely bothered by managers who choose
to give t-shirts to crew, pulled riders, whomever.  It doesn't
take away from my experience and my completion.  I thought it was
wonderful at Bar-H when Lynne gave shirts to everyone who even
attempted to go out in that miserable heat.

And, while I see the point of those who don't like "participation"
awards given with the ride packet, I can also see how much easier
that is from the manager's standpoint.  No matter how people feel
about riders leaving prior to the awards dinner, the fact is that
people DO leave early.  I don't envy the chore of keeping straight
who got what any more than I envy all the other chores ride
managers tackle!

~Nicole (wow, I'm having a vocal day myself, aren't I?)