[RC] Fw: Gold Country Awards - Jim Holbrook

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 10:57 AM
Subject: Gold Country Awards

OK, I have read all your posts, and I can see something from both sides.  I am not a competitive person in any way, so I have a hard time relating to someone being upset because other people received the same award they did without completing the ride.  That seems very petty and selfish to me. But, on the other hand, there are those of you out there that find it important to be recognized for completing the ride.  So, I will solve this entire issue and send "completion certificates" to everyone who successfully completed the Gold Country ride.  We always send everyone their vet card and completion results, so the certificates will be included.  So, any of you who came to Gold Country, be patient in receiving all this, as it may take us a few weeks to get the paper work together.
The certificates will satisfy this argument as to whether or not it is in violation of AERC rules to not give a "completion award".
I believe that the spirit of our club is for everyone to come to our ride and have FUN!  If they come to compete, I hope they can still have fun in the process. We will continue to give out our "participation awards" and hope that everyone can just move on and GET OVER IT!

Cherryl Holbrook, ride manager