From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Truman Prevatt
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 8:46 PM
To: bobmorris@xxxxxxxx
Cc: 'Barbara McCrary'; glassman1@xxxxxxxxxxxx; rides2far@xxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Gold Country Awards

I sure think it is a stretch to imply that the "integrity" of the sport is at grave risk because a RM choses to give a tee shirt to someone that enteries the ride. Quite simply it seems to be more of a matter of they got them, they can't used them next year (most of the time they are dated or have a specific theme) and they are good advertising for future rides.

So if it's a matter of the ride manager eatting them or being gracious and giving them out, I'd vote for giving them out. I sure don't consider that it "cheapens" my completion because someone who may have run into some bad luck and didn't got a tee shirt.

If this were the only problem we had in the sport, then we'll be golden. But from my vantage point, this issue is way down on the list - almost in the noise.

Truman

bobmorris@xxxxxxxx wrote:

I ask these ride managers, is the integrity of endurance
competition subversive to your convenience? Let's see a bit
more spirit of true endurance ride management.

Bob

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID

--

   "It is necessary to be noble, and yet take humility as a basis.

    It is necessary to be exalted, and yet take modesty as a foundation."

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->