Re: [RC] Gold Country Awards - Lynne Glazer

Rah, Heidi and Angie. I'll stand up with you guys--

That said, though, at the recent Bar H Boogie ride, we chose *after the ride* to give "participation" awards by giving a shirt to everyone who endured the trail that day--a lot of people pulled RO and/or on the LD went overtime as a way of taking care of their horses in the 90+ degree heat (last year it was 60). We wanted to reward that, but it's not what we would normally do.

Certainly not at check-in. We do like to give new rider awards (optimally) at the ride meeting both as a way of letting others know who the newbies are and to give them something useful. In the past those have been stethoscopes, this year pocket knives.

Lynne