Re: [RC] River at Fireworks - Walka1

hi there,
i just took my green 4 year old over to the river at henry cowell to cross it before the fireworks ride. he did great, there were a few slippery boulders early on but he jumped to the left, then slipped and jumped to the right and got calm and then we crossed.  the first
5 feet are more shallow, it then goes to about 3 1/2 - 4 feet deep in the middle for a very brief point in time.....Very calm clear water, not even that cold. When you are in the deep area the bottom is really smooth for the horses, so they won't trip or slip.......About that time it shallows right out.

And plus my friend and i were there the week later with our kids crawdad fishing and we went in and moved all the monster boulders in the first 5 feet of crossing so if you get to the stream and look down a little to the right, we cleared a really soft passage way for the horse to walk calmly on in.

Good luck........the water level is dropping as we speak.
Cathy