[RC] falling safely - Genie

I took Judo years ago which taught me how to fall, then with dressage lessons tossed in where one learns to ride balance, to depend on balance and not a horn.  I have taken three falls in the last 20 years and each one was because I was not balanced in the saddle.  I have ridden some pretty bad spooks.

So my suggestion is to take dressage lessons and if possible some martial art.  Just make sure the dressage instructor puts you on a horse on a lunge line and has you ride without reins or stirrups.

Genie Wunderlich
9000 miles