[RC] popping in hindquarters - Lori Greene

I pulled our 4 year old paint gelding out of the field for his usual 15-20 minute nightly ride, to hear a "popping" noise in his right hindquarters????????????  He show's no swelling, no gimp, no nothing other than a new "sound effect".  He get's "light" riding by my daughter at best, his feet are in fine shape.  After checking him further, it sounds like it could be lower in the stifle/hock area.  Anyone have any ideas?  He show's no other signs of anything.  The pop is not constant, he might do it for 5 strides and the sound stops, and at varying degrees of loudness.  This has been for a couple of day's now.  If anyone has any ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!

Lori
Kingman, IN