RE: [RC] [RC] saddle under belly - Laurie Durgin

Having Honey, who has a problem(we are now addressing )about this very thing. I spent 3 days doing the stuntman thing (and my feet hurt for weeks!!!). She is fine with me vaulting on or off, it's the saddle clenching and clawing it's way around her (well, can't go too far as it had a breastplate).And the safety stirrup bar letting those black leathers with those horrid easyrides with webbed fronts go flying thru the air like black buzzards that got her. ( I figured this out ,when she didn't react to me, but me flopping the stirrups or pulling them out for my foot.)
So I figure I'll get on Rascal , put on all black with wings and ride around her in serpentines! Just the thing!--after going back to more ground work, getting her to flex and get rid of that stiffness and more despooking work.---Oh, and now I need to find a beater saddle to tie around her belly. Do have a fabtron, we got given to us, but it does fit my husband and the horses, so not sure I want to sacrifice it, on the other hand we have to have two 'rideable ' horses to use it-- ;0)

From: Ed Kilpatrick <whytrotfarms@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]   saddle under belly
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 05:29:04 -0700 (PDT)

here is something i havent done in a couple of years, i spent some time training a horse to stand if i fall off. i started by riding him around, quickly dismounting, then falling down. didnt freak him out too bad. then i would get a little more dramatic about it, and do more of a "stuntman" fall. it didnt take long before he caught on, and he would just stand there and wait for me to get back up and do it again. it is good training, especially if you are the type of rider who falls off a lot anyway. :-) just be very careful if you do this. and i would recommend having someone else hang around and watch while you do it. ed

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page ? FREE download! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/