[RC] New filly with diarrhea - Lindak

Hi,
    About three weeks ago I wrote asking for info on milking my then pregnant mare to help me know when birth was imminent.  Well the response was about half for and half against it.  This info included Vets also.  So to err on the safe side, I stopped milking the mare, and subsequently missed the delivery.  She exhibited the same 2 signs (dripping udder, relaxed vulva,) for a week.  Since there wasn't anything different in her actions (she ate real good the night she delivered) I went to bed and didn't wake up until I heard my Arab mare calling loudly (this is not the filly's mom).  There at 2 a.m. was the filly and the afterbirth.
    All went well for a week, then the filly, whose been given the barn name of Pager, (her mom is Beeper) developed diarrhea.  I called the vet who came out and gave her Probios and Kaopectate (sp?).  Everyone I asked said it was probably the mare's foal heat causing the diarrhea  The diarrhea lasted 7 days.  All other signs in Pager are great, nurses well, lots of energy, temp under 102.  I have been feeding Beeper Equine Sr. (Purina brand) approved by the vet who examined them on foaling day.  I began to wonder if the molasses in the Eq. Sr. might be affecting the foal so yesterday I changed to rolled oats.  Well this morning was the first solid little poop I've seen in 8 days.  Now I realize Beeper's foal heat could have ended and the simultaneous change to rolled oats may be just coincidental.
    My question (finally) is does anyone have any history of foals having diarrhea from feeds with molasses in them?  I really like Eq. Sr. and would like to use it if possible.
Thanks for any input.
From Lindak
Have a horse lovin' day!!!