[RC] first time rides or juniors - larry Miller

The best time I ever had was taking my kids to rides.  Once my son got interested in baseball, I lost him to the rides, until he could drive and discovered crewing!  He was a great crew too.  My daughter rode with me until she went to college.  These are the best memories for me, doing things with my kids in the sport that I love.  When my daughter was filling out her forms for college, I always told her to include the rides.  "But Mom, that wasn't important enough!"  'Baloney" I would say, "how many kids could take a horse 25, 50 on up to 75 miles, take care of the horse and sometimes mom, as well as finish the ride with a sound willing horse?"  "What an accomplishment and well worth mentioning on any application!"  Sure kids like awards, but I always told the kids that finishing the ride with a sound horse and one that would go out the next day was the most important in the world.  If only my grandkids lived closer, but I have to make do with the neighbor kids.  Already they love to run any hill in sight!!  WHAHOO!!  Jeanie