Re: [RC] Equipedic saddle pad - Barbara McCrary

I have one and I love it.  It is by far the best pad of any type I have ever used.  It definitely solved a big problem in my situation:  I have a saddle that I love, but it has a wide tree and I bought it for a different horse.  The Equipedic pad is thick and takes up enough room to keep the saddle off my current horse's withers.  I've ridden two 50 mile rides so far, one of them rather tough, and his back is perfect.  Before I bought this pad, I could tell that no matter what saddle I used the horse was not comfortable going down hill.  Now.....no complaints from the horse.  I've heard one rider comment about how it's difficult to replace the inserts after washing the cover, but I called the inventor and manufacturer and he told me in detail how it should be done.  So far, all I have done is brush the horse's side of the pad with a stiff brush, but the next thing I'm going to try is using a nozzle with a sharp spray and wash the pad without removing the insert.  If that doesn't do the best job, then I will remove the inserts, wash the cover and replace the inserts as the man explained to me.  He was very helpful.

Barbara McCrary
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2004 8:36 PM
Subject: [RC] Equipedic saddle pad

I am considering bying the Equipedic saddle pad. If you have experience with this pad please let me know.
Thanks,
Maria Berger, TX

MSN Life Events gives you the tips and tools to handle the turning points in your life. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=