Re; RE: [RC] [RC] Invocation - Lucie Hancock

Maybe some clever person should write a riders prayer for us =
sorry endurance folks that could be read at the ride meetings. At RM's =
descression of course.

About the prayer,
Frequently, here in the SE when I am at a ride, I pray just before we start out on the trail. The exact words Iuse are different every time, but I always try to include the same ideas. (I believe God listens to what's on our heart more than the exact words we speak.) Any person of faith can do the same.
Bassically I try to include the following;
*Thank God for the opportunities he gives us to ride the horses He has given us through His creation.
*Ask for him to guide us to make wise choices involving our safety and that of our horses.
*Ask his protection during the ride.
*Thank Him for hearing our prayer.

So far no one has complained, and many people express their thankfulness for the prayer. At the rides where I know the ride manager has no objection, about two minutes before we start on the trail, Nancy Gooch will ask everyone to pause, and we pray. I always feel safer after the prayer, and since I am pretty good at falling off my horse I do believe it helps.

Those of you who can, please come to the Hallelujah Ride in Camden, October 23. It's a really fun trail, and every year we try to make improvements. The Camden Hunt manages the trails we ride across, and give up a Cub Hunt just before their fox hunting season starts so that we can hold our ride. We welcome everyone who can make it, to help us raise money for the St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital.
Lucie Hancock