[RC] Problems with AHA, the breed, and TEVIS - beth glover

Hi Ridecampers!  I was reading the Arabian horse magazine....( for those of you who read my post about the Arabian Porno magazine, you will be surprised to know that I have broken my addiction and NOT re-subscribed)  Anyway, I was reading the President of AHA, and the vice presidents letters, and other letters that people write about how screwed up the breed is, how membership is dropping, new foal registration is dropping by frightening numbers , the breed is heading into oblivion.. Its a disturbing trend. Suddenly it occured to me...does anyone know if any of these important folks from the AHA, go to any endurance rides? For example, do they go to the Pan Am games, to the National Championships? Do they go to the TEVIS? Will they be at the 50th anniversary of the Tevis, the biggest ride in California this year?  Well, I just emailed the president of the AHA to find out. Because if there are 250 horses at Tevis, and most of them are Arabians, there are 400 people having entered the ride, hundreds of people at the ride who are invested in the breed...why wouldn't there be representation from the AHA?  Hell...maybe its because we didn't invite them!!Du-ough! We forgot to invite the AHA...as members, riders, ride managers, competitors and breeders of Arabian horses, maybe we should notify them that it would be nice if the organization showed a teensy bit of interest in something other than horse shows, and the same ten people who go to those shows. Dang maybe they'd meet some new friends. I think we all should make them feel welcome and eagerly encourage them to come on up to Auburn!

In case of anyone is interested in helping make them feel welcome and invited to the Tevis, here are a few email addressess....

Arabian Horse Magazine Editor Karen Karvonen    karen.karvonen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Arabian Horse Association email   info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The president is Bill Hughes, and the vice president is Barbara Burck

Bill Huges email is  wch4@xxxxxxx

Beth Glover, ( crabby after reading editorials)

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Ridecamp is a service of Endurance Net, http://www.endurance.net. Information, Policy, Disclaimer: http://www.endurance.net/Ridecamp Subscribe/Unsubscribe http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/logon.asp Ride Long and Ride Safe!! =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=