Re: [RC] gas/diesel trucks - heidi

not meaning to start any sort of truck debate but I have recently
started shopping for a diesel truck and thought the one I test drove,
while powerful, didn't have the same get up and go when I pushed on the
peddle as my gas truck does.  I have always driven gas powered cars and
trucks and my husband says that is the nature of diesel, powerful but
won't spin wheels and burn rubber from a standstill like a gas engine
will.  Just wondering if he is right.  Amy

Yes, he is right.  You don't have the "jackrabbit in the throttle" with a
diesel that you do with a gas rig--but with a good diesel, you have way
more pulling power once you get up to speed.  Not ideal for getting away
from a stoplight ahead of the other guy--but hey, who wants to do
jackrabbit starts with a horse in the trailer, anyway?

I've driven diesels now for about 6-7 years, and although my first two
were older and a bit wimpy, I wouldn't go back.  I love my Powerstroke,
and the other two major truck manufacturers have good ones as well.  Dodge
paved the way for "modern" diesel pickups with their Cummins, Ford
followed with the Powerstroke, and I understand that the Chevy one is now
in the same class as well.  I personally like the Powerstroke, and we all
have our reasons for liking our brand, but I think the bottom line is that
the modern version of all three will beat the gas trucks hollow as tow
rigs.

Heidi