From: "Ridecamp Guest" <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 6:11 AM
Subject: [RC] training problem

Please Reply to: Pattie Holsbeke horseygrandma2000@xxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone. It's been awhile and my new horse has been for sale at least
3 times since I decided to try and train a ring horse on the trail. If I
live through this it will be worth it I',m sure. We have been out 5 times
now and he is awesome. One new problem though, instead of taking 1hr. to
cross the creek now he wants to jump it. {about 35ft.] Needless to say he
doesn't make it all the way but in doing so he almost unseats me. Neither
does he hesitate at the bridges but as soon as he steps on them he gallops
across at breakneck speed. He is not afraid but how do I slow him down as we
approach these obstacles I don't want to rein him in because of the mixed
message he might get, but in giving him his head I am in danger of losing
mine!! I know from experience that this will work itself out with time but
I'm not getting any younger and would appreciated any advice. Sincerely
pattie