From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Alison Farrin
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 12:26 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Problem with a neighbor

Actually, I'll come down on the other side - getting an attorney would not
be my first choice.  There are lots of people out there who use attorneys as
scare tactics.  It may not have cost the other homeowner a dime, as he may
have the guy on retainer, or its a friend that did it as a favor.

What you already know is that according to the rules, he's wrong and you are
right.
You also know that unless the guy filed a lawsuit along with the letter he
sent, he knows too.  So, don't cave.  You have 4 options, in escalating
order.

1. Do nothing.  YOU have not violated the CCR's and you know it.  Ignore
him.
2. Send him a very legal sounding letter quoting the CCR's, clearly let him
know that he is in violation AND that you will not pursue the issue as long
as he leaves you alone.
3. Retain an attorney to send the same #2 letter, letting him know that your
attorney is just as good as his attorney.
4. Proactively report the violations to the building department and file a
formal complaint.  Since this will require that he pay a giant fine and/or
move structures, its going to piss him off and you will have made an enemy
for life.  This may actually be more volatile and escalatory than you really
need, so I really would save it for a last resort.

Alison Farrin