[RC] Making Money as a Ride Manager? - Mollie Krumlaw-Smith

Now this is a topic near and dear to my heart as it's been the cause of more than one disturbance to the domestic tranquility in our household...

I've been managing rides for 15+ years, as I mentioned in an earlier post.  I manage 2 a year.  One is "my" ride and any profits made I do get to keep (see the next paragraph before you get too excited).  The other I manage for our Ohio club as our annual fund raiser.  For the club ride I usually end up "donating" around $200 to $250 of my own money by the time you consider fuel, phone calls, copies, office materials, postage, and a couple of the awards I donate. (O.K. probably more than $250 but I don't really care)

I would venture to guess that if you added all of my vast profits over these 15 years for "my" ride. I would still be in the hole somewhere between $1,500 to $2,500....yep a loss...and I'm a CFO so I understand the entire loss concept very well.

Why do I do it?  For perpetuation of the sport, to bring an event to Ohio that my team can be proud of, and to introduce this sport to as many new riders as possible. My hope is that some day the ride will become large enough to support itself without the assistance of my savings account...thus the domestic tranquility issues.

MKS

--
dangerous content by IntelliBlock MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.