because a ride manager has put on the same ride for X number of years
doesn't mean that he or she is going to do it forever.

Barbara McCrary

Lynne's post to So_Cal_Endurance group at yahoo.com

OK, after the online feedback form I got today from AERC, no Norco and
maybe no more Bar H Boogie. If anybody wants to see the feedback they
can e-mail me privately, they contradict themselves and it's not all
that credible, but hey, you're welcome.

I'm burnt out. That's why I took so long to submit the results of BHB
to AERC, but they've had them since last week.

Y'all be nice to your ride managers, volunteer at least once a year.
Bring your own human water. Be prepared to deal with centralized horse
water. Be aware that ride management may not be able to circulate a
water truck on a Saturday night when they have water troughs to fill on
trail for Sunday's ride. And that volunteers work really hard to make
sure trails are well-marked and re-marked. Don't wait till the last
minute to enter rides, or if you have to, give mgmt a heads up.

Take responsibility for your own horse's condition and ride
accordingly. Don't expect ride vets to notice when your horse is in
trouble. Don't be so competitive that you overlook this. Don't expect
your horse to be able to get horrible scores and still top ten. Make
sure that your tack fits the current shape of your horse, it's not your
saddler's responsibility to check your gear. And on that score,
adjustable saddles don't adjust themselves.

In fairness, I'd already decided over the last weekend that there would
be no Norco this year. One of my key people lost his teenage daughter
to a senseless, alcohol involved MVA a couple of weeks ago, his heart
isn't in it and mine isn't either, added to the effects of the two
fires in the riverbed and the amount of work involved to both manage
the trail and the admin side.

Of course, someone else can put on Norco. I'd be happy to put you in
touch with the ranger for the area.

Have a great ride season. Maybe later this year we'll see you out
there. Please don't bother trying to change my mind, because it's not
gonna happen. Thanks to everyone who has supported my rides in the
past.

Lynne

Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides,
if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins

People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond