Re: [RC] Ride mamager feedback - Jennifer Layman

Did ride managers request such a form to be put into circulation?  Do we want to continue it if we loose rides because of it?  Sounds like this was just the straw that broke the camels back and not the real cause, but I am curious who decided the form was needed?

In my service oriented career I have found that forms are more frequently filled out by people with complaints, and the customer that had a good experience doesn't always take the time to fill them out.   Ridemanagers are volunteers and not looking to increase a profit.  Hearing only the negative will takes it toll for sure.  I guess an evaluation of the forms themselves should happen eventually to be sure they are productive and not destructive.  Perhaps information should be gleemed form them as well, that can be used for more rider education.  I suspect many complainers are riders with less endurance experience.  Maybe not.

Just my 2 cents.

Jennifer

Michael Maul <mmaul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you don't want a rider's honest opinion, whether you deem
it "complaining" or "constructive" (not everyone is good
with words), then don't pass them out!"

The actual situation is that the AERC Technical Committee
has made feedback from riders to ride managers easier by
putting a form online so that riders can fill it out at home
after the ride. Those managers who hand them out in the
ride packet may not get many back unless they become the
ticket for awards banquet...

The particular feedback under discussion came from the
online form which is anonymous - and intended to be that way
unless a rider includes their name in the comments.

From what I've seen so far in these - there is no "perfect"
ride. Some people love a ride - a very small number find
significant criticism.

The form exists to improve rides - and also enable RM to get
positive comments that they might not see otherwise.

Mike

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~ Libby Llop