From: Chris Paus
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 3:31 PM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] info about "treeless bareback pads"

This is from LoriB at Loris' tack. She wanted to pass
along some valuable info and isn't a member of
Ridecamp.

I saw a message on Ridecamp in response to the girl
that needs the
sportsaddle.  I don't have one, but a poster suggested
she get the
bareback
pad from country supply.  I actually bought one of
those myself, and
CANNOT
recommend them until the manufacturer fixes a major
defect (which I am
told
they will).

The stirrup leathers do not buckle.  They stay on with
a tongueless
buckle,
if you know what I mean.  So, it can easily come
loose.  Happened to
me.
The stirrup fell of when riding.  I was using it as an
interim option
until
my Barefoot came in.  I had sold Yip my Aussie to pay
Beau's abscess
bill.
Lucky for me, I don't use stirrups for balance, so
nothing happened.

Anyhow, I am not a member of ridecamp, so I was not
sure if you could
post
that before they consider ordering the bareback pad,
to be sure they
have
made the improvement, or at least call country supply
to see how the
stirrup
leather holds the stirrup.

Lori

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano