Re: [RC] Conditioning question - rides2far

I've heard someone suggest dragging a log.  Maybe you could break him to
plow? >g<

Angie

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 17:44:15 -0700 Bette Lamore <woa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
Would river bottom sand work. My horses were really fit when we rode
in
the sand in the River-- might be the best you can do unless you have
an
equine pool or a tread mill that doesn't shorten the stride--- the
ones
I've seen did.
Bette

Rae Callaway wrote:

Anyone have any tips for conditioning a horse for hills when you
don't
have any hills?

Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE Texas

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians

Always remember: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we
take, but by the moments that take our breath away." (George Carlin)

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --WOW-- what
a ride !! "

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
This weekend, many of you are at rides...25's, 50's or 100's.  You are the
lucky ones.  I know you did whatever you had to do to get to 'em.  I know
that each of you go to 'em with different so-called "goals" in mind...but I
also know that each of you cares for your horse and realize that "carrying
you" is the least of what he/she does for you.  LIFTING YOU is the true
effect.
~  Ryder