Re: [RC] Black Sunflower seed - Chris Paus

If the seeds are coming back out whole, then your
horses have teeth problems would be my guess! I've
been feeding BOSS for years. The places where I get
sunflower springing up is where I've dropped the
seeds, NOT where the horses have pooped...

I'd have an equine dentist out. If you look, you
probably have whole oats and other things there too...

chris

--- Joan Ruprecht <jruprecht@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
O.K. I followed your suggestion, bought and feed my
50 lbs of black sunflower seed to my 7 horses.

Now I have sunflowers coming up every where the
manure went.  Especially healthy plants in my
garden.

 The bad part is that this indicates they were not
digested, so whats the point.

Joan

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano