[RC] bug/girth sores?Riding? - Laurie Durgin

Dang, went out to ride after this thunderstorm weather and R. has buggy girth sores at/near where his girth would go. All the bugs hatched in the rain and I missed noticing them.
So I figured I shouldn't ride??I use a waffle neophrene type girth, Roma padded. The girth would go over part of the sore if I ride.And no I couldn't move it, would slide to it's spot.
My gut feeling is that I shouldn't ride till it heals up.(it is crusty, scabby about 4" diamenter and one further back)Sure it is from gnats/ flys. I put Swat and Nolvasen on it.
Unless anyone has found a sucessful way to ride with bug sores :0( without making it worse.
Well I did do some ground work with the other two.

At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden. ~ Maryanne Stroud Gabani