Re: [RC] Still on breeeding ............ - Kristene Smuts

I see the long backs in the rejects--but if one goes to the big barns in
places like Lexington and looks at body proportions, one rarely finds a
poor one>>

And unfortunately the former is in the rest of the world.  Breeding farms will
breed 200+ foals per year, hoping for that one stunning cup winner, literally
giving away the rejects to those newby riders who think that a cheap or free
horse is the way to get into horses!  They then have to deal with the other TB
drawbacks - as you say "shallow, shelly feet, temperament", amongst others.
I've seen more wrecks and broken hearts due to those rejects than not, sadly.

Kristene
South Africa

aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins