[RC] headin' west for XP2004 - Laura Hayes

I am waiting for my husband to get back with the trailer- had a brake problem last night, so he took it back to the place where I paid $350 to have them go over it with a fine tooth comb.....we had just picked it up late last night when we realized the brakes were not right.  It is mostly packed, the horses are waiting in the corral, and we can load up and go.  I leased a HUGE trailer (aka "The Mothership")and it is full to the gills.  Three horses and four people for 6 weeks is alot of stuff.  I have been known to go to Shore to Shore alone with one horse and my Expedition pulling a little stock trailer, and do fine for a week, but adding all these other people and horses has thrown a monkey wrench in my usual simple plans.

I had to coordinate plane tickets for two of my crew, one to depart and one to join, another vehicle that my son is driving out next week, all my shoeing supplies (have to finance this trip somehow...), and enough hay for three horses for two weeks- Ha!!   What a pain!!

I just wanna ride.

Team Estrogen.  We are taking three mares (no, I am not a MARE person, I am just like a good horse of any sex or color) One is my experienced 13 year old, Equal Terms, one is my inexperienced, but fairly fit Bey Allure she is eight, and the third, is Fly So Free, my good friend Libby Llop's 7year old mare.  Lib offered me Fly after her surgery- she won't be riding for awhile, and made me feel terrible when she said "my horse will have a better summer than I do"  - Good healing, Lib.  We'll ride in the fall, and thanks for Fly.  All the mares are fit, sound and fun to ride....I just wanna ride.

If we get out of here tonight (highly unlikely now...) our first stop is Geneseo Illinois where I have dear friends I lived with as a teen, at Sandarac Arabians.

Bon Voyage!!!  XP or BUST!!

Laura Hayes  AERC#2741