RE: [RC] getting started in Marin! Go Quarterhorses! - Nick Warhol

Hi Daisy- Put September 25th on your calendar.  The Pacific South group is putting on the East Bay 25/50 mile endurance ride, and is having a special ten mile fun ride designed for people who want to learn more about endurance, and try it in a safe environment.  The fun ride will be 2 five mile loops with a genuine vet check in the middle.  Any fit trail horse can do it, even at a walk.  There will be people specifically assigned to help the beginners with the whole event.  For more info and an entry, go to www.pacificsouth.org  and click on the tab for East Bay ride info.

You might also want to come on out to the Oakland Hills ride next Saturday, June 19th at Bort Meadow in Oakland.   A lot of us Pac South folks will be there, look me up and we can give you all the info you will need.

Nick Warhol

RC] (no subject) - GoQuarterHorses

size=2 width="100%" align=center>

       I just recently joined ridecamp, because I have been wanting to get into endurance for awhile, and would like to learn more about it.
       I have an 8 year old half arab-half paint mare who I would like to do endurance with, and was wondering if anyone could tell me whether it's realistic, or if the paint half would hinder her too greately. I live in Marin County, and any ideas as how I should go about getting started would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!
Daisy