[RC] Heel bruises--Watch out - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Jody Rogers-Buttram jody.buttram@xxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would be concerned about it.  I had the same thing happen to
me one time and guess what, I ended up having to have hoof
surgery.  The strap bruised him on one front foot.  He wore
the boots to finish a 60 mile ride.  The heels and frog ended
up infected.  The frog had to be treated for like ever.  Still
wasn't getting better.  Ended up taking him to Missisppis State
Vet school and they cut the frog tissue out that was messed
up.  The hoof never grew the same after that.  Of course that
was because of the removal of the frog.  The frog did recover and
came back, but it left the hoof with a semi-contracted heel and
recessed frog.  Because of this, I personal don't like easyboots.
I know other people have had good luck with them, but I shy
away.

Jody and the girls and the spiders  :)

And remember, an arab's fourth gait is the spook!
~  Jeanie Miller