Re: [RC] rm software - Truman Prevatt

Teri,

I remember doing that at a ride where the S/W was being used. I changed horses and distances on them - I was not their favorite person:-). I suspect I was the first to do this.

Part of the problem, as you know, is when all the requirements are not defined up front you end up with a product that has some "warts."  Any product that will be useful in the long run will have to address how the sport really works, people show up unannounced, they show up with different horses, they change distances, they get divorced, they have a name change, they have a lobotomy, etc...

Truman

teri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I used the software once at a ride.  I would rather just do pen and pencil.   If you enter the information  as the entries come in before a ride you are bound to dislike the software.  Reason being.  People do not always stick with the mileage they sign up for, they do not always ride the same horse they sign up for.  To change this information during registration is tedious.  People do not want to wait in line for you to fix the info.  Then you have those that are not registered and have to sign them up.

Then you have the in timer and out timer.  Nancy is fast with her system she has.  A computer would slow her down.  Not to mention where Nancy is usually put most like does not have electricity.  Then you have the problem of not having enough juice to run it all day.

Sometime a computer is not the answer at the time but possibly after for data storage and stats.

Teri Hunter

--
"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity

"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity.

  For this reason, he has integrity. The person of inferior integrity

  never loses sight of his integrity.  For this reason, he lacks integrity."