Re: [RC] Tripping - Truman Prevatt

Is it more at the end of the ride than at the first?  If so - check to make sure the saddle is not too narrow at the wither or is not bridging. This is exactly the probelm my wife was having many moons ago and it was the saddle and thus began our odyssey of the great saddle search.

Truman

Ridecamp Guest wrote:
Please Reply to: Steve steve@xxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have a problem:  My 6-year-old 16H Arabian gelding that I have had for 3 years trips.  I have had him evaluated at a major university vet school, by an esteemed equine chiropractor, and several vets.  No one can find any physiological problem.  I even gave him a year off to see if "rest" would make a difference.  It didn't.

This is a fabulous horse that jumps, and has great P&Rs on long rides.  It's just that on a 10 mile ride he will trip or stumble about 7 times.  A few times he has gone on his nose and knees.  It is only a matter of time before we take a tumble together.  I'm hoping to find a corrective cure before that happens.

I would really like to hear from people with experience with this problem who have worked through it . . . or didn't.  This is a fabulous horse in every other respect, and I am willing to do/pay whatever is required to turn this problem around.  Hopefully one of you Ridecampers have some good advice.

Steve

--
"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity

"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity.

  For this reason, he has integrity. The person of inferior integrity

  never loses sight of his integrity.  For this reason, he lacks integrity."