Re: [RC] spider web face - Truman Prevatt

Come ride in FL in Aug. We have these things called banana spiders - because that's about how big they are. The build their webs about head hight to a rider on a horse and there is one about every 100 feet. The good news is they are pretty harmless, I've had them dangling off my helmet in my face, on my back on my shoulder, on my horse and none the worst for the wear. You got through on Tuesday and take them out and by the time you go back on on Wednesday they are up again.

Most spiders aren't a big deal. My favorite trick is when I am riding with someone is to be quiet and duck at the last minute so the person behind has no time to react. I hear they taste pretty good ;-).

Truman

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Ewwww...in South Texas we have these brown striped humongo spiders

Just a bit of advice...spider season is *not* a good time to ride a horse
that requires 2 hands to control, and attempt to pony another, at speed,
down spider infested trails. Just a little thing I learned last year in
one of my "Duh" moments. I counted 42 webs that plastered over my face in
2 hours. >yuk!<

Angie

--
"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity

"The person of superior integrity does not insist upon his integrity.

  For this reason, he has integrity. The person of inferior integrity

  never loses sight of his integrity.  For this reason, he lacks integrity."